The Fountain

I didn't feel like doing work tonight, and so I randomly picked a film to watch. I've heard of The Fountain a while back, and I think I even read the plot summary on Wikipedia, but it never stuck with me. So, since I know it's a sci-fi movie, and I don't know the plot, I picked it.

It made a good decision. After watching and going back to Wikipedia to find out how it was received, I was surprised that it was only received moderately well. I myself liked it a lot, although the plot (except for one part) was predictable. One of the critics on Rotten Tomatoes had called it a piece of poem, and I think that describes the film more than anything else. I can see how the director had aimed it at being comparable to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and in a way I think it is.

I highly recommend this film.

No comments

Post a Comment