Week of 2007-12-03 (and 2007-11-26)

I had a dream last night. I dreamt that I was reinstalling the OSes on my laptop, and for some reason when I installed Linux all my Windows stuff got imported. So instead of my nice clean wall paper I have twenty huge icons on my desktop. And also somehow the default web browser is IE, with all the imported bookmarks and everything. I remember muttering to myself, "wine," before going and unmounting my NTFS partition.

And then I woke up. I suppose for some people that would constitute a nightmare, but to me it just shows how much of a geek I am.

So this week was reading week, which means it's classes as usual. I just realized I didn't post a "Week of..." post last week, so this will include that as well.
  • Although I still had most of my classes, I did get down with cognitive psychology. The exam was not hard; I barely studied (read: didn't) at all, and still did reasonably well (does 89% seem "reasonable" enough to all of you who are muttering about my low standards?)
  • I'm also done with my stats project, where we analyzed the statistics of CTEC (Course and Teacher Evaluation... Crap). Students has their interest in a subject most stimulated when the professor is good. Go figure. It's surprising that these two areas have the highest correlation though; we were originally thinking there might be a correlation between time spent and the over all rating of the course. But nope; instead, there seems to be an amount of time (roughly 3-8 hours per week) where most of low ratings reside. I think it's because you either don't work at all and enjoy the course, or you are willing to put work in because you enjoy the subject.
  • I reinstalled Picasa with the 2.7 Beta Linux version. I had the 2.7 Windows version running on wine before, but it didn't handle the "download album" link on web albums correctly. Now it does, and I think it was easier to install than the old version too.
That's about it, actually. Other projects and classes are going well. We'll see how finals week goes...

No comments

Post a Comment